Thursday, October 2, 2008

Spanish Scramble by Ani Phyo

I really like Ani Phyo's book Ani's Raw Food Kitchen. I decided to try this recipe out and my family liked it. I cut the recipe in half. I served it with some avocado and seaweed veggies, too. It is definitely easy to make. I already had soaked and dehydrated almonds and sunflower seeds on hand, so that made preparation really quick. I love the colors! Make this first:

Love-the-Chicks Pate
2 cups almonds, dry
1 cup sunflower seeds, dry
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 cup water

Put almonds, sunflower seeds, salt, and turmeric in a food processor and process into a powder. Add water and process until mixed well. It will have small chunks, rather than being completely creamy smooth. Add your favorite ingredients like mushrooms, tomatoes, and onions to this pate base to make different "scrambles."

Then, make Spanish Scramble:
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 cup tomato, diced
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1 batch Love-the-Chicks Pate
1 cup spinach leaves or other soft greens, like red leaf lettuce or butter lettuce
Pinch ground black pepper

Place cilantro, tomato, scallions, and a batch of Love-the-Chicks-Pate in a bowl and mix well.

To serve, scoop your Spanish Scramble onto a bed of spinach leaves. Top with black pepper.

No comments: